The dry season is finally here in the country. With the extreme heat causing the mercury continue to rise, many people are falling ill while some eventually expire from heat stroke, heat exhaustion and heart-related diseases. According to renowned medical expert Dr. Willie Ong, too much heat can cause a person to become weak, feel dizzy, and suffer from a headache. That is why it is important to know how to overcome the warm weather.
Today, our “Doctor ng Bayan” will give us tip on how to beat the heat and how to survive this year’s scorching dry season.
1. Keep yourself hydrated. Drink plenty of cold water to help maintain your normal body temperature.
2. Put a cold plastic bottle on your neck, hands, or underarms to help lower your body temperature. Doing this will allow the blood to cool while circulating.
3. Eat frozen food such as ice cream and halo halo to help ease the warm feeling in the body.
4. Avoid strenuous activities such as too much exercising when the temperature outside is exceptionally high to avoid collapsing due to the heat.
5. Go to the mall or stay in an air-conditioned room.
6. Wear clothes that are made out of cotton.
7. As much as possible, avoid doing outdoor activities that will expose you to the raging heat of the sun.
8. Elderly people, those suffering from diabetes, and high blood pressure should keep themselves from hot areas to avoid the risk of heatstroke and other related illnesses caused by the hot weather.
Check out the video below:
Grabeng INIT ng Panahon Nakamamatay (paki-share po)Ligtas Buhay tips.Ni Dr. Willie T. OngAng heat stroke ay nakukuha sa sobrang init ng panahon. Nanghihina at nahihilo ang mga pasyente at sumasakit ang ulo. Nahihirapan din mag-isip at parang hihimatayin. Tumataas din ang temperature ng katawan.Tips:(A) Huwag lumabas ng bahay mula 10 AM hanggang 4 PM.(B) Magsuot ng preskong baro at cotton shirts.(C) Huwag masyadong mag-ehersisyo kapag mainit. Mas mabilis kasi mapagod ang ating katawan. (D) Uminom ng malamig na tubig, hanggang 12 baso sa isang araw.(E) Kumain ng pakwan, buko, halo-halo, ice cream at iba pa.Panoorin ang Video:
Posted by Doc Willie Ong on Sunday, April 22, 2018
DISCLAIMER: The health tips on this website are based on articles published in books, periodicals and various social media sites by Doctor Willie Ong. We believe and fully support the good intentions of our ‘Doktor ng Bayan.’
What can you say about these health tips? Did you find them useful? What are your other concerns this dry season? Share your thoughts, reactions, and opinions in the comments section below!
SOURCE: DR. WILLIE ONG