The banana is one of the most widely known fruits in the Philippines. Given that the country is one of the major producers and exporters of bananas in the whole world, there is no doubt why many Filipinos are fond of including the fruit with their daily meals. Today, renowned medical expert, Dr. Willie Ong will tell you why eating at least two bananas a day has an array of benefits on your body.
1. Eating a banana is recommended for people suffering from heartburn. Based on the article published in The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry in February 2001, they affirmed the claim that bananas have anti-ulcer properties that neutralize stomach acid.
2. The banana is a heart-healthy fruit. It contains 11% of Potassium that is important in regulating the blood pressure, level of acid, and water in the body. Insufficiency of potassium might lead to abnormal heart rate and weakness of muscles.
3. Bananas are also rich in other vitamins and minerals. A normal sized banana contains 15% vitamin C, 20% vitamin B6, and 16% fiber that is needed by the body every day.
4. Bananas are good for people who are suffering from insomnia and stress. A single banana contains an amino acid called tryptophan that produces the ‘happy hormone,’ serotonin. Therefore, eating a banana will not only make you healthy but it will also make you happy.
5. Bananas lessen the chance of having a stroke. Various studies reveal that lack of potassium in the body causes palpitation of the heart which may eventually lead to the serious life-threatening conditions.
6. Bananas are recommended for people suffering from diabetes. Eating bananas in moderation can help the level of sugar in the blood to remain high.
7. Bananas keep children from having asthma. Based on the study conducted by European researchers, published in the European Respiratory Journal on Feb. 14, 2007, they revealed that eating a banana every day minimizes whistling or rattling sounds in the chest and asthma attacks.
The health tips on this website are based on the articles published in books, periodicals and various social media sites by Doctor Willie Ong. We believe and fully support the good intentions of our ‘Doktor ng Bayan.’
Ang health tips sa website na ito ay hango sa mga artikulong nailathala sa libro, dyaryo, at iba-ibang social media sites ng tanyag na doktor na si Doc Willie Ong. Kami ay naniniwala at sumusuporta sa mabuting hangarin ng ating Doktor ng Bayan.
What can you say about this article? Do you find this useful? Share your thoughts, reactions, and opinions in the comments section below!
SOURCE: Dr. Willie Ong