Having a high cholesterol level is one of the most common health problems nowadays. According to renowned medical expert, Dr. Willie Ong, about ten percent of the population suffers from high cholesterol.
Fortunately, this condition is easy to detect. By simply taking a blood test, you can already know your total cholesterol level, the level of Triglycerides (a type of fat in the blood), Low-density Lipoprotein or ” bad” cholesterol, and High-density Lipoprotein or “good” cholesterol, in your body.
In most cases, when a doctor finds out that the number is 10 to 20 percent higher than the normal cholesterol level, they usually recommend their patient to make dietary changes. However, if you happen to have Diabetes, heart disease, and other risk factors, the doctor will then prescribe you to take the necessary medicines.
Today our “Doktor ng Bayan” will discuss some tips to help you lower your body’s cholesterol level. Here is a short list of food that you should take consider if you want to have a healthier lifestyle.
- A cup of oatmeal a day helps lower your cholesterol level by 10 percent. This is because it contains beta glucans that help reduce the production of cholesterol in the body.
- Eating oily fishes such as mackerel, salmon, sardines are better than eating meat. These fishes contain Omega 3 fatty acids that help dilate the arteries of the heart and the brain.
3. Eating three cloves of garlic a day can help lower the cholesterol level by five to ten percent. Make sure to cook it lightly and avoid burning it.
4. Green leafy vegetables are rich in fiber that helps remove cholesterol from the body.
5. When making salads, use Italian or vinegar sauce. They have lower calories, and are thus better for your cholesterol level.
6. Instead of treating yourself to a cone of ice cream, try yoghurt instead.
7. Instead of full cream milk, opt for low-fat or skimmed milk as it contains lower calories.
8. Limit your egg intake to one egg in a day or three eggs in a week.
Moreover. make it also a habit to have a regular exercise. Aside from having a fit body, it also helps in lowering the triglycerides and total cholesterol level in the body.
It is recommended that you check your cholesterol from time to time. If it is still high, then it is time to consult your doctor for a proper prescription.
Watch this informative video to learn more about the topic:
Ang health tips sa website na ito ay hango sa mga artikulong nailathala sa libro, dyaryo, at iba-ibang social media sites ng tanyag na doktor na si Doc Willie Ong. Kami ay naniniwala at sumusuporta sa mabuting hangarin ng ating Doktor ng Bayan.
The health tips on this website are based on articles published in books, periodicals and various social media sites by Doctor Willie Ong. We believe and fully support the good intentions of our ‘Doktor ng Bayan.’
Are you also suffering from high cholesterol? How do you find this article? Share your thoughts, reactions, and opinions in the comments section below!
Source: Dr. Willie Ong