Aside from the usual advice from doctors on how to take care of the heart, such as having a healthy and balanced diet and frequent physical exercise, there are numerous unusual yet effective ways on how to take care of the heart, as well as the human body.
Renowned medical expert Dr. Willie Ong, also known as the Doktor ng Bayan, enlisted these 9 unusual yet effective ways on how to take care of the heart below!
- Brush your teeth and use dental floss. ― According to scientific studies, brushing your teeth and using dental floss can add three years to your life expectancy. Unknown to many of us, there are harmful microorganisms inside the mouth that might infect the bloodstream, and could later on reach the heart. For this matter, brush your teeth three times a day and use dental floss once a day.
- Pet a dog. ― Scientific studies found out that patients with pet dogs have a longer life expectancy and have a higher chance of surviving a heart attack due to the love that dogs could give.
- Laugh for 15 minutes. ― Laughing gives happiness and boosts energy. While laughing, the human body releases hormones called endorphins that improve the function of the immune system.
- Eat bananas. ― Bananas contain potassium, which is good for normal heartbeat. Moreover, a banana has no fats, no bad cholesterol, and no salt, which are bad for the heart’s health. It also contains tryptophan that can make us happy.
- Get enough sleep and rest. ― Sleeping for at least seven to eight hours a night can strengthen our body. If you’re tired from work, always make it a priority to get some rest for at least ten minutes in order to regain energy.
- Avoid getting mad. ― A grumpy attitude is bad for the heart. It can also increase the risk of suffering from hypertension that can eventually lead to a heart attack.
- Surround yourself with good friends. ― When you surround yourself with good friends, they can help you in times of crisis. According to scientific studies, almost 90 percent of your stress disappears while talking to an understanding friend.
- Stay IN LOVE. ― When you love someone, you feel inspired. According to Dr. David Demko, almost seven years can be added to your life expectancy.
- PRAY. ― This is the most important health tip, not just for the heart.
Disclaimer: The health tips on this website are based on articles published in books, periodicals and various social media sites by Doctor Willie Ong. We believe and fully support the good intentions of our ‘Doktor ng Bayan.’
Paalala: Ang health tips sa website na ito ay hango sa mga artikulong nailathala sa libro, dyaryo, at iba-ibang social media sites ng tanyag na doktor na si Doc Willie Ong. Kami ay naniniwala at sumusuporta sa mabuting hangarin ng ating Doktor ng Bayan.