Our trusted “Doktor ng Bayan,” Dr. Willie Ong and Dr. Liza Ramoso-Ong recently answered their fans’ most-asked questions on Facebook. In a live video, the good doctors discussed a common medical condition known as varicose veins.
According to Dr. Willie Ong, there’s nothing to be ashamed of because about 17% of people worldwide suffer from varicose veins. If your parents have varicose veins, then there’s a high chance that it will be passed on to you because this condition is hereditary.
Now, let’s move on to the effective ways that we can take to ease varicose veins. Dr. Willie Ong and Dr. Liza Ong were generous enough to give us the following advice:
- As much as possible, always elevate your hands. Notice how this simple gesture can make a big difference when it comes to your bulging veins.
- According to Dr. Willie Ong, elevating your feet while you are sleeping can work wonders for the varicose veins in your legs.
- Use compression stockings to help ease your varicose veins, especially for women. This is best worn during long flights or travel.
- If your job requires immobility in prolonged period of time, always make it a point to rest and move your limbs every once in a while.
- If you want to remove shallow varicose veins, you can consult a trusted dermatologist.
For more information, watch the rest of Dr. Willie and Dr. Liza’s informational video below:
FB Live: Paki-Share po. HILING ng Kababayan natin.Manas, Varicose Veins, Ugat sa Paa at Mahina ang PusoVideo ni Doc Willie Ong at Doc Liza Ong1. Ang varicose veins ay dulot ng paglaki ng ugat sa paa. 2. Para mapigilan ito, magsuot ng compression socks o support stockings (nabibili sa drug store o department store)3. Kung may pagkakataon, humiga ng madalas at ipatong ang paa sa unan.4. Huwag magsuot ng masikip na pantalon. Kapag nakaupo, galaw-galawin palagi ang paa para dumaloy ang dugo.Paki-LIKE ang aming back-up page – Dr Willie Ong's Health Tips
Posted by Doc Willie Ong on Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Disclaimer: Ang health tips sa website na ito ay hango sa mga artikulong nailathala sa libro, dyaryo, at iba-ibang social media sites ng tanyag na doktor na si Doc Willie Ong. Kami ay naniniwala at sumusuporta sa mabuting hangarin ng ating Doktor ng Bayan.
The health tips on this website are based on articles published in books, periodicals and various social media sites by Doctor Willie Ong. We believe and fully support the good intentions of our ‘Doktor ng Bayan.’