If you want to be healthy, then choosing and eating the right foods will make a big difference. Although there are plenty of options out there, you can never go wrong with vegetables. Vegetables are abundant, affordable, and the best of all—healthy!
There’s a good reason why our mothers nagged us to eat vegetables when we were kids. They are rich in nutrients which can provide us the energy and strength we needed. Even trusted experts like Dr. Willie Ong promotes eating fresh vegetables everyday for a healthy body.
Are you curious to know how eating your veggies affects your body? Here are the following health benefits you’ll get from eating vegetables:
- Cauliflower, broccoli, water spinach, bitter gourd, pechay, malunggay, eggplant, and okra are rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Greens are great if you want to avoid illnesses such as heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, and stomach problems.
- Studies show that consuming veggies produce lowers your risk of cancer up to 3-10%. This includes colon cancer, breast cancer, and much more.
- If you are constipated, then greens can work wonders for you. Vegetables rich in fiber can help fix your bowel movement.
5. Are you always stressed? The Vitamin B in most greens are proven to be natural stress-reliever.
6. To maintain a youthful glow, experts recommend eating two cups of vegetables and fruits regularly.
Disclaimer: Ang health tips sa website na ito ay hango sa mga artikulong nailathala sa libro, dyaryo, at iba-ibang social media sites ng tanyag na doktor na si Doc Willie Ong. Kami ay naniniwala at sumusuporta sa mabuting hangarin ng ating Doktor ng Bayan.
The health tips on this website are based on articles published in books, periodicals and various social media sites by Doctor Willie Ong. We believe and fully support the good intentions of our ‘Doktor ng Bayan.’