As most people know, kidney stones are one of the most common health problems for Filipino people today. In order to help address these health problems, the renowned medical expert Dr. Willie Ong, our beloved and respected Doktor ng Bayan, and trusted general surgeon and urologist Dr. Jonathan Noble, also known as Hoops, share the effective treatments for the kidney stones.
READ MORE FROM OUR WEBSITE: Tips to help ease the pain in your neck, back, hands, knee, and feet
Origin of Kidney Stones
The formation of the kidney stones come from the high concentration of salty foods and dehydration. As a result, the amorphous urate crystals will form that will eventually result in kidney stones.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones
– Flank pain in the retroperitoneal area (the area on the sides closest to your back).
– Hematuria or blood in the urine.
– Pelvocaliectasis or the obstruction of the urine flow, which makes urination difficult.
If these warning signs become worse, it will lead to kidney damage.
What do you need to do?
In case of kidney stone development, here are some important things you need to do.
– If you already have kidney stones, immediately seek medical attention. Urinalysis and renal sonogram are the first laboratory tests you will need.
– Know the size of the kidney stones. This will suggest what actions you can take later on.
– Find out comorbid factors or other existing health problems. Comorbid factors such as diabetes, hypertension, arthritis can add to the worsening of the kidney stones.
Home remedies and medications
– If the kidney stones are still small, conservative treatment or no intervention through medical operation is needed. One simple remedy is to drink at least 15 glasses of water a day.
– As much as possible, avoid eating salty foods, and reduce the consumption of legumes and food made from intestines. Because Filipino people have high levels of uric acid, they should pay attention to these foods.
– Constant mobility or frequent exercise will help the ureter to pass the kidney stones.
– When it comes to medications, a urologist usually prescribes potassium citrate, which helps dissolve kidney stones in a natural way. This usually takes around a month. Another prescribed medicine is Rowatinex, which also helps dissolve stones in the kidney.
– When it comes to herbal medicine, you can use Blumea Balsamifera, also known as Sambong. It acts as a diuretic, therefore people using it should also consume a lot of water.
– For more serious cases a medical operation is necessary. A urologist usually uses Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy.
– Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL), a minimally-invasive surgical procedure to remove stones that will not pass.
– For larger stones classic open surgery from the back is necessary.
In case you want to know more, watch the video below!
Lahat lahat ng puwede ITURO ay TINURO namin dito. KIDNEY STONES at UTI: Mabisang Gamot at LunasPayo ni Dr Jonathan "Hoops" Noble (Urologist) at Dr Willie Ong(Share at Tag a friend) 1. Kapag may kidney stones na, uminom ng 15 basong tubig. 2. Iwas sa alat, bagoong, patis, toyo, noodles at laman loob.3. Ang gamot na binibigay sa kidney stones ay kadalasan Potassium Citrate tablet. 4. May mga Shockwave at Operasyon para sa malaking kidney stones.Panoorin ang Video:Note: Sa nagtatanong, ang Clinic ni Dr Jonathan Noble ay sa Black Nazarene Hospital, San Nicolas Ilocos Norte. Telephone 077-7731-757.
Posted by Doc Willie Ong on Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Ang health tips sa website na ito ay hango sa mga artikulong nailathala sa libro, dyaryo, at iba-ibang social media sites ng tanyag na doktor na si Doc Willie Ong. Kami ay naniniwala at sumusuporta sa mabuting hangarin ng ating Doktor ng Bayan.
The health tips on this website are based on articles published in books, periodicals and various social media sites by Doctor Willie Ong. We believe and fully support the good intentions of our ‘Doktor ng Bayan.’